Media: Transparent watercolor painting and India ink drawing
I live in San Francisco and paint in the SF Bay Area.
I paint and draw en plein air in a spirit of spontaneity, play and celebration. I love the brilliancy of watercolor: light reflects back from the white paper through transparent paint, rather like stained glass. I love India ink because drawing in ink connects my hand directly to my mind, spirit and unconscious.
It has been said that I paint the world the way I would like it to be.
- BA in Art at Mills College
- Painted and studied drawing in Paris, culminating in a one-person-show at the Fondacion des États Unis, Cité Universitaire, Paris, France
- Student of Kenneth Potter, AWA, at San Francisco State University and workshops
- Currently painting with the East Bay Landscape Painters
My Watercolor teacher
- Whenever there may be development, learning, knowledge and more, there will be a teacher behind it, and another before that, and another before. I would like to acknowledge Kenneth Potter who was my watercolor teacher from 1976 through 1982.
Kenneth Potter, AWA